Friday, April 30, 2010

With out love you have nothing at all.

I had not updated my BLOG since March 7, a few people told me they had checked it
and nothing new was there, it made me feel good to know that some people had missed it.
I never know when something will pop into my head and give me an idea. I was doing my part time job the other day, riding in the car and they played a song by Tom Jones called Without Love You Have Nothing At All and the line in the song that says
You see love is that wonderful thing the whole wide world needs plenty of
And if you think for one minute you can live without it
Then you are fooling yourself really struck me, I feel very sorry for any one that feels
they don't have love in their life.

Read the words to the song and then play the video and I think you will agree with me that love is so important in our lives. It is so important to tell the people we love and how we feel about them. You never know when you tell them it could be the last chance for you to do it as life is so fragile.






To live for today and to love for tomorrow
Is the wisdom of a fool
Because tomorrow is promised to no one
You see love is that wonderful thing that the whole wide world needs plenty of
And if you think for one minute that you can live without it
Then you are fooling yourself
Listen please I'd like to tell you a couple of things that happened to me

I awakened one morning, I was filled with dispair
All my dreams turned to ashes and gone, oh yea
As I looked at my life it was barren and bare
Without love I had nothing at all.

That morning for me was March 10, 1998, the morning after
my dear wife of 39 years had passed away, and I was filled with dispair
All my dreams had turned to ashes and gone, oh yea
As I looked at my life it was barren and bare
Without love I had nothing at all.

Without love I had nothing
Without love I had nothing at all
I had conquered the world
All but one thing did I have
Without love I had nothing at all

Once I had a sweetheart who loved only me
There was nothing, oh that she would not give, oh no
But I was blind to her goodness and I could not see
That a heart with out love cannot live.

I went through a period of time that I thought I could not live,
Then God brought Joan into my life, then I had love again
And as my daughter Martha said to me, Dad this is the first time
you have been yourself since Mom died, one Angel had replaced
another Angel, and I was loved again,
Don't get me wrong I had a lot of love and support after Bubba died
but it is one thing to have people love you, but there is another thing
to have someone in love with you and I had that again.

YouTube - Tom Jones-Without Love

No comments:

Post a Comment