Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm Too Busy To Grow Old

Oh yes, my body is growing old


But my mind I try to keep young

I have so much I want to do

And many songs to be sung.



So many roads I need to travel

With lots of love to express

Many friends I want to visit

That are lonely and in distress.



I pray God will help me do what I can

To brighten their day

Spreading His word all around

As I pass along the way.



This world has been good to me

God is the reason, you see

For a little while longer I can hold

Oh yes, I am too busy to grow old.



It's true now that my spinal stenosis has flared up again some days it does seem like my body is growing older. But it is also true I am trying to keep my mind young. I for sure do have a lot more things I want to do. I do hope that I can continue to try to brighten the world of my family and friends.



This world has been very good to me due in large part to family and friends I have encountered you see, For a little while longer I hope to hold, OH YES, I AM TOO BUSY TO GROW OLD.



KEEP AGE IN PERSPECTIVE:

Age does not define who you are, There are other things that do, those things we do have control over and what we do. I know some 45 and 50 year olds that are really old, and I know a lot of 75 and 80 years olds that are really young.



LIVE AND ENJOY EACH DAY:

There is always something positive or something to look forward to each day. Surround yourself with people that are positive and happy, and avoid as much as you can those that are negative and unhappy.



DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME THINKING THAT YOU'RE TOO OLD TO DO THIS OR THAT:

As long as you have your health you can do just about any thing you find interest in doing. Learn new things and do things you have never done before.



DON'T LOOK BACK:

This is so, so, important, don't worry about what happened in the past. The one thing that no one can change is the past. What has been is over and done with. The future has not yet come, so enjoy today, let the past go and plan for the future.



KEEP YOU MIND ALERT:

Try new things, things that give you a challenge. Take up a hobby you have always wanted to do but were always too busy for. For those of you that have a lot of extra time on your hands, try volunteering at some thing where you can help people, it will help keep you sharp while helping others.



FIND WAYS TO INTERACT:

Even if you have no close friends or family around there are still lots of ways to talk to people. Join a fraternal organization like The Elks Club, The Moose Lodge, etc. Join a bowling league, people who love people are the luckiest people around.



STAY POSITIVE:

Try to avoid negative thoughts as it will get you no place except sadness. For example trying to figure out why a spouse died and left you alone will only bring you sadness, instead remember all the wonderful years you shared, and how you both brought such wonderful children into the world. Go out with a smile on your face and enjoy the rest of your life. There may even be a new mate on the horizon. Thank God that happened for me.



CONTINUE TO DO THINGS YOU USED TO DO:

Continue to do all you can while you can. Tim McCraw had a song called Live Like You Are Dying, now I am not going to be jumping out of any planes, rock climbing, etc. LOL but I do want to continue to live until the day I die. Finally for some of my dear friends and you know who you are see a doctor for a checkup at least once a year, more often if you have passed the 50 year old age. Catching problems early is the best way to keep them from becoming serious. You can't do that if you never go for checkups.



Finally spend time with children younger than seven, and friends over 70, LOL that would be me. LOL You can learn a lot from both of these age groups.



We all want to go to Heaven, we just are not ready to go. LOL



Love And Best Wishes To You All,

No comments:

Post a Comment