Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Growing Older Is Inevitable, Growing Up Is Optional.




 
 
     Joan and I just returned from a two week trip to Maryland and New Jersey with a few other stops in between.
     Our first stop was in Maryland. I graduated from Howard High School in 1958. We had our class reunion which was celebrating our 55th Anniversary.
     Every classmate that was there are in their seventies. Saw a few walking sticks, including mine, and a few walkers. All night long the room was so alive with every one having fun and laughter.
     So it really is true, growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional. Never heard one person complaining about any health problems they may have.
     I belong to A Moose Lodge. Over the years I have always noticed people in their forties and fifties sitting around the bar complaining about different things and the people in their sixties and seventies up on the floor dancing.
     I lived in Ellicott City, Maryland for twenty years, including my teenage years. We spent a lot of time in and around Ellicott City on our visit and I am sure I relived the entire twenty years in a few days. LOL
     Any time I get upset about something I can no longer do, one of the things I do is get out old pictures, they jolt me back to stop regretting and be thankful for all the things I have done over my lifetime.
 

 
 
Horse back riding in the ocean.
 

 
Age 71 water sliding down a three story water slide with our Grandson Carter.
 

 
Hanging out on the corner in Ellicott City waiting on the school bus. That's me in the middle, hands in pocket with the leather jacket.
 

 
                                 Hugs from a three year old Grandson
 

 
                              And an eight year old one also.

 
    
                          White water rafting in Alaska
 

                                                 
                                       Married To An Angel For Thirty 39
                                  Years, Passed Away In 1998
   
 God Blessed Me and Led Me To
Another Angel For A Wife 
 

                                        
                                          Still being able to have fun with the boys.

My Dearly Departed Brother-in-Law Frank Strawderman Had A Motto He Went By And I Have Adopted It.
      " I'm Going To Live Until I Die "
Not going to sit around and wait for it to happen.

So every day try not to complain about what you can't do and what you have, be thankful for what you have been able to do, and for what you do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment