Friday, September 11, 2015

I Want To Live Until I Die, Not Just Hang On

Including today it will be eight days before I turn 3/4 of a century old. OMG 75
For someone that will be 75 on September 18, my mind tells me I am not that old but my body reminds me that I am. LOL
I have sadly had many family and friends that have left the world much to soon before they understood the great freedom of aging.
I know I can't stop getting older but I am trying not to grow up. LOL I spend as much time as I can with Carter and Griffin, they help me stay younger. I try to avoid negative people as much as I can because they drag you down. Can't avoid it totally.
I have lost a lot of my family and friends that were so much fun to be around, who loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor.
I am sometimes a bit forgetful but that's all right some people and some things I wanted to forget anyway.LOL
I try to drive bad thoughts out of my mind to make more work for the good thoughts. LOL
Has my heart been broken? Of course it has, how could it not have been with all those wonderful people I have lost.
No matter what when I take the time to look back over my life I find that by ups still far outnumber my downs.
If I could give you my Dear Family and Friends advice, and I wish I had started it earlier it would be to dwell more on the good things that are happening in your life and less on the bad.
If you have family and friends that love you, if you still have reasonably good health, if you have laughed more than you have cried, then count your blessings.
As I get older I actually find it easier to be positive, you get to a point where you don't care what other people think of you, I don't berate myself near as much as I used to. I think I have earned the right to be wrong once in awhile.
When I look in the mirror I am often taken aback by that old geezer looking back at me. LOL
When I go to the pool or the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body and see the jet setters giving me the pitying glance, I laugh to myself and think you are going to look like this if you are lucky enough to live this long.
I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here I am not going to waste time thinking what could have been or worrying what will be. And If I want to I will eat dessert every day. LOL
Notice I use a lot of LOL's when I write, that's what we need to do.
I Have Two Mottos That I Try To Follow
Live-Love-Laugh
And Live Until I Die.

No comments:

Post a Comment