Thursday, February 18, 2010

Old Pictures, great way to bring back great memories.

If you ever get to feeling down and thinking about any rough times you have gone through or may be going through one way to lift your spirits is to dig out old pictures and take a look back at your life.

Three or four years ago Joan got one of those calendars where each day you pull off the page of the previous day and it gave you a thought for the day, one morning I pulled it off and the thought for the day was ( for every bad thing that happens to us about 18 to 20 good things happen for us and we dwell on the one bad thing instead of all the good things. ) My thought was, WOW that's me, that's just what I do. So I started when I had some thing bad happen I would right away start thinking about good things and it seemed to help me a lot.

In 2008 the tenth anniversary of my wife Louise (Bubba) Jackson's death I did a tribute book to her for my daughter Martha. I started going back through old pictures for the booklet and I was amazed when I realized just how much fun we had over the years. Sure along the way there was some bad bumps in the road but over all we had lived a great life filled with lots of excitement, journeys, great times with family and friends etc. It made me realize just how lucky I had been in my life.

Well now we are up to 2010 and I am preparing another tribute to Joan for her 70 TH birthday in March, so it is back to the old pictures again. Joan also has had some tragedy in her life but going through her old pictures I realize just what a great life she has had also, and the 10 years we have been together have never been dull and we have the pictures to prove it. LOL

The eight pictures I have posted are just eight of hundres of pictures I have gone through and they all bring back such special memories.

White water rafting in Alaska, with my new little buddy Griffin, Martha's 50 TH birthday celebration, Martha's wedding, Carter giving his old Papa a big kiss, the first time I held him when he was just hours old, a picture with my Dad and my Mom which brings back memories of a wonderful childhood.

As I said the old pictures have brought me great enjoyable moments and I envision taking more pictures that I can look back on years from now and relive the great time I am having now.

So dig out some of your old pictures and take a trip down memory lane, I bet you will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment