Sunday, August 15, 2010

Watching Carter Grow

Wow, Monday August 16, 2010 my little buddy Carter will be starting kindergarten, just another milestone in his young life and he has had so many already.As most of you know that read my BLOG I get a lot of ideas about what I want to write about from listening to music. Unless you are of an advanced age you probably have never heard of a singer named Bobby Goldsboro but he wrote a song many years ago about his son called Watching Scotty Grow. I heard that song played the other day and it made me think about what it has been like watching Carter grow.

I was at the hospital about an hour after he was born on February 1, 2005 and the first time I held him I just knew it was going to be a very special Papa, Grandson, relationship and it surely has been. He has brought so much joy to my life I get get emotional just thinking how special it has been. We have had so many great times together, especially our one on one times when we we have gone to the park,when he has went with me when I do my part time job, the wonderful times we have spent together at McDonalds, the times I have kept him when Mommie and Nana have had things to do, and the list just goes on and on.

He is such a great kid, so polite, so caring, so helpful, always happy, always smiling and so out going. He has had such great guideance from Brett, Barbara, Bill and Susan the other grandparents, Nana and hopefully from his Papa also.

And now he is doing the part of being a great big brother to his brother Griffin.

I am posting just a few of the hundreds of pictures I have him, LOL so you can see a few stages of his life.

Carter your Papa loves you so much and he knows that kindergarten is just going to be the first step to a wonderful future for you and he hopes he can be around a long time to share some of it with you.

1 comment:

  1. awww~ Papa! you are so wonderful to tribute to Carter. He is already in bed (7:30 PM) ready for his first day. He even has picked which uniform color shirt and outfit to wear, the lunch is packed, and by 8:00AM Monday morning he will be in his seat ready for the first day of the rest of his school career. Thanks for loving him so so much. He adores you and wants a green car just like yours someday! LOL! He's hoping for a Mustang though. HE HE~

    ReplyDelete